I get to choose when I do it, how long I practice for, and which sessions I do. I love all of that about it.
A couple of months ago I discovered Yoga with Adriene. She is Adriene Mishler, an actress, writer, international yoga teach and entrepreneur from Austin, Texas with a massive 5.2 million followers on YouTube. Since finding Adriene I have practiced every day.
The length of my sessions has varied from 60 minutes to 3 minutes, depending on what other exercise I've done that day, and the time I have available. This is what I love about it. What I find, is that even spending as little as three minutes on my mat, gives me the opportunity to connect with myself.
With huge benefits already, I have noticed that:
- I'm calmer, more centred and my anxiety is less.
- My body feels like it is starting to tone up.
- I'm feeling stronger.
- The poses are getting easier.
- I love my time on my mat.
- I look forward to my practice every day.
- I feel more present.
- I feel connected to my body.
- I'm more in tune with how my body feels from moment to moment, even outside of my practice.
- I'm learning the importance of the breath.
With more than 100 free YouTube videos there is something for everyone. And, if you want more, simply subscribe to her channel for a mere $10 per month to get her latest practice sessions.
You can find out more about Adriene here on her social accounts:
If you're into yoga, I'd love to hear where you practice and what your favourite poses are.
Hi I'm Kathryn Price.
I'm a 55 year old post-menopausal woman sharing my journey of Taking Care of Me. I'm on a mission to lose weight and improve my health and well-being. Click here to join me in my Facebook group and let's journey together.